The listing on this page is of nearby clubs that are primarily attended by players 14 or older. However, any age may attend.
Leteef Street has provided an excellent list of active local clubs and email contacts. Its been updated 9/6/23 to include new clubs and Delaware clubs. If you know of ones to add, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tri-State Chess Club
- Every Monday, 6-10
- skittles play only
- Ridley Park United Methodist Church, 501 N Swarthmore Ave, Ridley Park, PA
Mainline Chess Club, Ardmore, PA
- USCF rated swiss, one round an evening. Join any round
- Register by 7:15. USCF membership required.
- Mainline Chess Club
- St George’s Episcopal Church located at 1 W Ardmore Avenue in Ardmore PA
Woodbury Chess Club, Woodbury, NJ
- Every Tuesday evening. USCF Tournament games start at 7:45
- Presbyterian Church At Woodbury, 67 South Broad Street, Woodbury, NJ 08096.
- More Information
- Pre-registration required. USCF swiss tournament almost every Tuesday, one round each evening. May have to join at the Swiss start to play. Contact Henry 856-845-5094 email@example.com for more information
- The following two Tuesdays, 2/14 & 2/21, will be skittles (Playing for fun) at the club. Then on 2/28, we will begin our annual Club Championship Swiss. USCF and WCC memberships required.
Chaturanga Chess Club
West Chester Chess Club
- Every Thursday 7:30-11PM USCF rated swiss, one round an evening. Every 5th week, a quad is run.
- Register by 7:15. USCF membership required. Join any round
- club web site: West Chester, PA Chess Club
- 1st Presbyterian Church, 130 West Miner St, West Chester, PA
Colleville Chess Club
- Meets at different locations and on either Tuesday's or Thursdays
- Club web site
North Penn Chess Club
- Details on the tournaments and how to enter the church found at www.northpennchessclub.org
- St. John’s United Church of Christ, 500 West Main Street, Lansdale, PA
- Not certain if one can join a swiss at any time. I think not. But if interested, visit their web site.
- Pre-registration required. No drop-ins. Details at the club's website.
- USCF tournament history
South Jersey Innovation Center
- Friday Night chess at the South Jersey Innovation Center
- 7:00 GAME OF THE WEEK - INTERACTIVE PRESENTATION, ANALYSIS - DOV GORMAN
- 7:15 CASUAL PLAY, G60;D5 RATE GAMES, LADDER, PUZZLES, ANALYSIS
- Organized by Anand Mishra, firstname.lastname@example.org
- 20000 Horizon Way, Suite 600 A, Mt Laurel, NJ 08054
Wilmington Chess Club
- Different locations each Saturday. Sometimes play is on Sundays or Mondays! Visit the club's Meetup page to find location and time of the next meeting.
- Skittle play for fun! All ages welcome.
Lewes, DE Chess Club - Meets one Saturday a month
- Dylan Clark, SanmyCatChess@gmail.com or ClarkDylan367@gmail.com
For a very large listing of clubs, see Dan Heisman's club listings in the extended area. There are clubs for all ages listed.