West Chester Chess Club -
West Chester, PA
|SPECIAL CHESS EVENT: On Thursday June 9th, the club will be holding a USCF rated Quad! Games will be game 30 minutes with a delay of 5 seconds. Quads allow you to play against players of similar strength. Each player will play 3 games in this one evening event! An active USCF ID is required, along will proof of full vaccination. Please show up by 7:15 to register. Play will begin at 7:30. Cost to play is free! No prize money.
To help us run this event:
1. Preset clock to G30;d5 (30 minutes with 5 second delay (not increment)) prior to attending the event.
2. Bring a clock, chess set and board. Don’t rely on your opponent to have them.
3. If this is your first time at the club bring and have ready your full vaccination card.
4. If this is your first time at the club bring and have ready your USCF identification.
5. Everyone, please double check that your USCF membership has not expired. Because of the time constraints we will not help to renew or enroll you in the USCF.
6. Bring a pencil or pen. Only score sheets will be provided, if needed.
7. Be on time. Pairings will be made promptly at 7:30. Don’t risk the trip and not be able to play.
Optional: If you’d like to join our club bring $15 cash. Dues are prorated per quarter from the $20 annual dues which we collect from everyone in January. You can play free at any of our events, but if you continue to come, we ask that you formally join us.
Great News: The West Chester Chess Club is back playing rated USCF OTB chess on Thursday evenings.
||On a typical Thursday night
we have from 20 to 30 chess
players of all skills.
Proof of full vaccination is required the first time you play.
How far is West Chester, PA from you? The following
are typical travel times from nearby towns:
- Downingtown, PA - 14 minutes
- Exton, PA - 15 minutes
- Frazer, PA - 16 minutes
- Chadds Ford, PA - 16 minutes
- Paoli, PA - 20 minutes
- Newtown Square, PA - 22 minutes
- Coatesville, PA - 24 minutes
- King of Prussia, PA - 30 minutes
- Wilmington, DE - 31 minutes (we have several members from
- Springfield, PA - 33 minutes
Stop in and play chess with us! Club dues are $20 a year and are pro-rated depending on when you join.
Have a question about the club or a suggestion for the site? Email email@example.com